Thursday, June 24, 2010

Autograph & Plastic Pages - Do They Get Along?

I'm in the midst of organizing my Braves cardboard collection and I want to put everything I have in pages so I can enjoy them a little more. Question I have to you fellow collectors is how do autographed cards (on card or stickered) hold up over time in pages? Will the ink on the cards smear or rub off or will the pages stick to the autograph itself?

Here are two examples I recently picked up. I didn't spend much on them, but I still don't want the cards to be ruined by leaving them in plastic pages. By the way I use the Ultra Pro pages commonly found at retailers such as Target.

Photobucket Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. I don't see why it would smear. I, along with plenty of other people, put on card autos in soft sleeves in top loaders. This puts the same, if not more, friction on the auto.. and I've never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the exact same thing as Swag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you're using an inert page like Ultra Pro, you should be fine, but you still have to watch for really high humidity. Of course, high humidity will hurt NON-autographed cards, too.

    ReplyDelete