Sunday, July 11, 2010

Make it one more...

Congrats to Billy Wagner for making the 2010 NL All-Star team. Wagner makes the 6th Brave on the team this season! Granted he won't be playing (nor will Heyward) that is OK with me since the days off will give him a chance to rest his hurt ankle.

Braves lost to the Mets today to bring their lead to 4 games, but they are still sitting on top and looking good going into the 2nd half of the season.

On the card side of things I'm writing this from Myrtle Beach, SC. We had to make the obligatory trip to Walmart last night upon coming into town and I made my way to the card (& toy sections) and both were completely barren. Heck, the whole store seemed to be barren. The grocery side of the store had been picked clean - almost like a hurricane was in the forecast! I was able to find a few local card shops via Google. Sports Heroes, Baseball 17 & Sports Fanatic all appear to be close so hopefully I'll be able to make my way to one or two of them this week. I believe I've been to Sports Fanatic before and it was mostly NASCAR memorabilia with a few dime boxes, but the other stores I haven't heard of before today.

If we can time it I hope to catch a Myrtle Beach Pelicans game (Braves single A affiliate), but I'm not holding my breath. This is the first time our 9 mo. old has been to the beach so everything we do now is completely different this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment