Friday, September 3, 2010

2010 Topps WWE hobby box hits

A few weeks ago I picked up a hobby box of the new 2010 Topps WWE product from Blowoutcards.com for what I thought was a decent price.  My hopes was it would give me the rest of the base cards I needed to fill out the set along with some nice inserts.  Each box promised an autograph and a relic card.  I've posted my first pack over @ APTBL and my first blaster break earlier this month here.  That got a little discussion going on and I've promised a few people I would get my want list updated as well as post my box hits.  Well it may be a little late, but I've finally gotten around to doing all of the above.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Gold parallel #d 45/50

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


There are 4 levels of colored parallels.  Red are numbered to 1 while gold are numbered to 50 and both are hobby exclusives.  The gold cards appear to be inserted one in every hobby box.  Blue are numbered to 2010 and are very similar to what Topps used in the Opening Day baseball product earlier in the year.  I pulled one blue in every hobby pack.  There is also a sharp looking black parallel numbered to 999 - though at this point I'm not sure if they are retail exclusive since there are no odds listed on either hobby & retail packaging. The autographs are stickers which is a let down, but I was pleased with getting a dual auto #'d to 99 in my box.  The Superstar Swatches are horrible relic cards.  The Elimination Chamber relic cards found in the retail blasters have a much nicer design.  Needless to say I won't be picking up any more of these Superstar Swatches.

I'm working on building the base set as well as the blue parallel set.  The cards I'm currently lacking along with a few other inserts I'm looking for can be found here.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Is it me or is Topps just phone it in now. I mean they've used the same base card design for what 5 or 6 products now. Lets see, Opening Day, Pro Debut, Baseball, Football, and now WWE? At least the inserts are a little different. Do they have Legendary Lineage in this set too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Topps has been using the same base design across the different sports now for a few years. I would prefer a new design for each product, but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon.

    No Legendary Lineage in the WWE set...kinda surprised they didn't include those as it could have made an interesting set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww man, Legendary Lineage would actually be pretty cool in a WWE product, what with all the second & third-gen stars already on the main roster and more likely to be arriving soon.

    ReplyDelete