Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pack Break - 2011 Upper Deck Football

Outside of 2011 Topps Heritage being released there hasn't been much reason for me to stop by the card aisle @ Target or Walmart recently.  I did however notice that Upper Deck's new football offering was live so I grabbed a pack to see what all the hub bub was all about.

Photobucket

In typical fashion UD is recycling the pack design from their 2010 baseball and hockey offerings.  The back of the wrapper states that autographs of Star Rookie & Lettermen Signatures can be found 1:36 packs.  20th Anniversary cards are inserted 1:4 packs.

Photobucket

Photobucket
#6 Herman Moore

The recycling didn't stop at the wrapper as last year's baseball and hockey card design is replicated here.  I forgot that UD only had a collegiate license.  At least in typical UD fashion the photography is clean and sharp.

Photobucket
#38 Keith Jackson

Photobucket

Photobucket
#DT-6 Dream Team - Tim Brown / Raghib Ismail

Not a bad looking insert here.  I'm sure some Notre Dame fan out there will appreciate this card.

Photobucket  Photobucket
#183 Jonathan Baldwin Star Rookie

Photobucket

Photobucket
#37 Ron Yary

I won't pretend that I know much about football history period.  According to the back this guy was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1987 after helping USC win the National Championship in 1967.

These aren't too bad.  If I'm buying football cards I would rather the players be in their NFL uniforms.  I can see how this set may appeal to some collectors and college football fans, but these aren't for me.  All of these cards are available for trade.  Heck, send me a SASE and you can have a card or two!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen these yet!! Keith Jackson!! I'd love to have that card. If you want to send me an address andI’ll send some cards for that one Jackson card.

    ReplyDelete