Monday, May 23, 2011

A "new" kind of relic to collect...

In this day and age of relic and game-used cards it's always refreshing to run across something that falls outside of the average jersey and bat cards.  This was the case a few weeks ago when I some how I stumbled across a 2001 Topps Stadium Club Play at the Plate game-used dirt card.  Yup, you read that right.  Game-used dirt...embedded in a card!  Awesome!  After doing a little research I discovered that the set wasn't too large and offered up some good names so I decided I wouldn't mind chasing this set.  I think I got started off on the right foot with the purchase of this card for my first in the set:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know that Chipper is in the set, but I've yet to find the card for sale.  I also saw that McGwire's card was commanding more on eBay than I want to pay so I'm hoping this is where you, the reader will come into play.  If you have any of these game-used dirt cards let me know as I'm excited about completing this set!

5 comments:

  1. You mean you couldn't find any "dirt cheap" on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a few...you'll see in the coming days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen those before. I need to collect those for the blog. If you end up with any dupes let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to find one of those for my "odd" relic collection. I never saw one before, a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Awesome. I have never seen one of those. Maybe there is some spit dna in there.

    ReplyDelete