Friday, May 6, 2011

Pack Break - 2011 Upper Deck Thor

In preparation of Thor opening in movie theaters everywhere today - I bring you one single pack of Upper Deck's movie tie-in trading cards.

Photobucket

5 cards per pack.  $1.99 MSRP.  The only insert odds listed on the back of the pack include Memorabilia 1:48 and autographs 1:2500.  It appears though you get one of two different insert cards per pack - Concept Series or Comic Book Covers.  My pack is the retail version, but I believe there are one of one sketch cards inserted into hobby packs.

Photobucket  Photobucket
#21 Odin

Photobucket

Photobucket
#33 Dr. Erik Selvig

Photobucket  Photobucket
Concept Series #C1
I love these cards and want to finish off this set.  I wish they listed the artist on the card somewhere.

Photobucket  Photobucket
#78 Fandral

Photobucket

Photobucket
#56 Loki

While I haven't cared for many of Upper Deck's sports offerings lately I have to say I like the way these movie cards look.  I'm not a huge fan of movie cards, but I do have a weakness for Marvel related card sets.  I was surprised to see when I browsed eBay that there weren't a lot of hand collated sets up for sale.  Any time Rittenhouse has released a Marvel set there are tons of sets available as I'm sure people were busting cases and boxes for the one of one sketch cards.  Maybe people don't care about Thor?  Maybe people don't want to support Upper Deck?  Whatever the reason it looks like I'll have to buy lots of packs or hope to find a trading partner if I want to finish off this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment