Friday, June 24, 2011

2011 Topps Marquee - Case Break?

Another new Topps product for 2011.  Hobby exclusive Marquee.  4 packs per box, 5 cards per pack with 1 #d autograph or 1 #d jumbo or multi-relic card in each pack.  Color me interested.

If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed click HERE for the sell sheet.

Checklist looks really good.  Is it just me or does this product remind you of Unique from a few years ago?  I got an e-mail this evening from Blowout Cards soliciting pre-orders for Marquee for it's August 24th release. I could get a case (6 boxes) and host a case break for about $40 a team.  The case would yield 24 hits total...potentially plenty to go around for everyone.  I've got a new baby coming probably in the next week so no July group break hosting duties for me...but if there was enough interest we could possibly do a case break of this in August.

I'm going to spread the word for this potential case break on both my Facebook and Twitter profiles.  If this is something you'd like to join in the please help spread the word on your blog/FB/Twitter.  I can't really offer any discounts for doing so, just my sincere thanks.  So if this sounds fun then leave me a comment letting me know what team you would want.  I'd give everyone 2 weeks to pay using a gift payment via PayPal or cash by mail.

12 comments:

  1. We're in for the Cardinals if you decide to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, j/k I know you would want the Braves but I could probably figure out another team I would latch onto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be about the only way I would see any Marquee...I would buy the Rox for $40.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ jaybarkerfan Yeah I'd be taking the Braves!
    @ hiflew Same here. I doubt I could afford to buy anything out side singles of the base cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be interested, but what about doing 24 slots at a slightly higher price; then drafting off the hits? I dunno, seems a high price to pay with a chance that you may not get a decent hit. There's no Astros in the base set at all, and very few inserts. Don't know how many other teams would face the same dilema. Don't think I could do it on a pure "claim a team" basis...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all up for suggestions Dimwit since I've never attempted hosting a case break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would take a shot at the Rangers in a team break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe no one has taken the Yankees, so I will. Please keep me advised. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. New idea proposed - half a case (3 boxes) for $38.00 shipped. Includes 2 teams - one of your choice and a 2nd team assigned at random. Only 15 total slots. Look for the new post for all of the information.

    ReplyDelete