Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Horror movie month #13 - Day of the Dead (1985)


Yes, another movie I had to put the year in parenthesis after the name.  This was George A. Romero's last movie in his original trilogy following Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead.  This is probably my least favorite of the 3, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a good movie.


Just about the entire movie takes place in an old underground military bunker somewhere in Florida.  A small group of scientists and military are the country's last hope at finding a cure.  One of the scientist makes a break through discovery with a captured zombie he affectionately calls "Bub".

Being "trapped" in one place for the entire movie really slows down the movie a lot as there isn't a lot of variety in the scenery.  Again, the movie isn't bad - it just wasn't as entertaining for me as the 2 movies that proceeded it.  The special effects are quite good as you can see below...


fast forward to about the 2:20 mark for the gore!

...but the dialog is atrocious.  I can't remember a movie where I've heard the "f-bomb" dropped so many times!  If you've already seen Night and Dawn then you at least have to finish off the trilogy and watch Day of the Dead.  I'll let you form your own opinion. 

I wonder what ever happened to Bud?

No comments:

Post a Comment