Sunday, October 30, 2011

Horror movie month #18 - Frozen


I've never actually been skiing or snow boarding before and I can tell you after watching this movie I never will!  More of a survival horror this moving is probably more terrifying than all of the other slasher and zombie flicks combined.


Three friends bride the ski lift operator for a lift ticket on a Sunday afternoon.  Wanting to get in one last run for the night the three friends hop in the ski lift and make their way to the mountain's peak.  All the while back at the ski resort there is some miscommunication and the worker stops the lift...stranding the three.  What happens next is the survival of the three and their attempts to get off the lift and back down the mountain.  One of the quotes on the poster is "Terrifying.  Will do for skiing what Jaws did for swimming.".  I couldn't agree more.

My wife has often said she won't watch horror movies with me that could really happen.  I blame it on taking her to see the uncut version of the original Exorcist when it was re-released to theaters.  She will not watch this movie.  Period.  I guess the most frightening part of the movie is it's realism.  The film is directed by Adam Green (Hatchet) and the stunts are coordinated by Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees, Friday the 13th).  It's a very intense and fun ride once the terror sets in.  Highly recommended.

Halloween is almost here and I just couldn't stop at just sharing one movie on the 31st.  So make sure to stop back by here tomorrow for three more movies!

1 comment:

  1. We had a big snow storm here right when school was supposed to start back from Christmas break. We were snowed in for a week. There were only eight snow plows for all of Atlanta. Needless to say, Atlanta was unprepared and the roads were impossible to drive on. I was so bored that I risked life and limb walking on the iced over sidewalks down to the Redbox at Walgreens. By the end of the week, I had watched everything in it and the last option was this movie. I didn't think an hour and a half of watching three kids on a chairlift was going to be any good. Surprisingly, it was very entertaining. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete