Sunday, October 16, 2011

Horror movie month #4 - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)


 OK. You may have not agreed with me about the 1990 version of The Night of the Living Dead being better than the original, but what about this remake?


I saw the 2003 remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the theatres before I ever had watched the original. I walked away from the movie a little shaken, but highly entertained! I knew my review would be biased and incomplete years ago so I searched out the best version of the original on DVD. While I can appreciate the original Michael Bay's 2003 version simply blows the original out of the water...no offense Tobe Hooper.

I could say that Jessica Biel in this movie is worth the price of admission alone (can I get an amen?), but seriously this movie is excellent - from the opening credits to the closing credits. I was on the edge of my seat for practically the entire movie. R. Lee Ermey's language did get on my nerves as it's very vulger and laced with profanity, but it just shows you how messed up of a character Sheriff Hoyt really is. Just re-watching the trailer again made me tense up. I have pretty thick skin and a strong stomach when it comes to horror movies, but this one got to me. In a good way though. I highly suggest this version of TTCM if you haven't already seen it. The modern day prequel is pretty darn nifty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment