Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pack Break - 2011 Tristar TNA Signature Impact Wrestling

Photobucket

I bought this pack on a whim several weeks (months?) ago and in all my shuffle I forgot to share them!  I only watch TNA when I have nothing else to tune into on Thursday nights so I can't say that I'm all that familiar with all of their talent.  I like a lot of things Tristar does so I thought why not take a one pack trial run.

Photobucket

5 cards per pack and retail packs going for 2 bucks.  Not the greatest deal in my book.  I do have to say I like the look.  The light blue TNA has started using is pleasing to the eye...although the blue border is very reminiscent of the parallels Topps has been using lately.

Of the 5 cards I am familiar with all but one - Douglas Williams.  I don't know what it is about me and packs of TNA cards, but I swear I always pull a Velvet Sky card!  The Mickie James card is part of a "Tara's Take" subset featuring commentary from Tara herself.

Inserts in the set include hand-signed autographs (don't know if they are on card or not) as well as short printed cards of Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Sting.  Of course a smattering of numbered parallels also appear randomly.  Including the SPs the set is comprised of 99 cards so putting a set together wouldn't be that hard...but at only 5 cards per pack it would be costly to hand collate a set.

This is another great TNA effort by Tristar.  If I were more of a TNA fan and had deeper pockets I may come back to this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment