Monday, November 14, 2011

David Justice 2004 Topps Series Stitches

Photobucket

Photobucket

While moving my stuff I recently came across this card that I didn't know I had.  Isn't that a great feeling?  The card hails from 2004 Topps Series 2.  I like David Justice.  I like bat cards.  The fact that it's the first two and "from" the World Series makes it even cooler. 

The back reads that Justice has played in 6 World Series and has a record of 2-4.  Of course I remember his time w/ the Braves and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he also reach the Fall Classic w/ the Indians and Yankees?  I believe this is one of my favorite relic cards I own of Justice.

3 comments:

  1. He reached the 2000 and 2001 World Series with the Yanks (won in 2000). I think he was also on the 1997 Indians team that lost to the Marlins...so there is three...then he was on the Braves for 91, 92 and 95. I think that solves it, right?

    Sort of funny that it's called "Series Stitches" but the relic is a bat. Seems like it should be a jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with AJ on why a bat in Series Stitches but Topps does this all the time. I've got a Yount from the same set, very nice. Did you get your winnings yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I got the winnings package. I'm several months behind on sharing my trades/winnings/freebies and such.

    ReplyDelete