Friday, December 16, 2011

Pack Break - 2011 Topps American Pie (x2)

 Photobucket

Topps has revived their American Pie trading card set for 2011 and this time it's all non-sports related.  While that choice may not appeal to everyone I have to say I was still intrigued.  Why now did Topps decide to dig this brand up you may ask?  My thought it to complete against Panini's Americana set.  Either way I was impressed with my small sampling.

Pack 1:
Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the Sesame Street and The Muppet Show cards...classics.  In this 9/11 post world it's still a little weird to see the Twin Towers.  Apparently you get one insert card per pack and mine was this nice Vincent Price Hollywood Walk of Fame card.

Pack 2:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not bad at all!  These relics in retail packs are seeded 1:20.  By the time you read this however the card is on it's way to The Daily Dimwit in exchange for some Dynomite!  Overall it appears Topps has done a great job with this set.

2 comments:

  1. I woulod love to trade for the Chuck Berry if he is available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what's more "American Pie" than Don Mclean?

    ReplyDelete