Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pack Break - 1988 Fleer

Photobucket

Fresh from my trip to a local card show this past weekend I bring you a pack of 1988 Fleer I paid a whole nickel for!  I actually have several packs so if there is a card or cards you are looking for let me know and they are yours.  Now let's take a look at what is inside this pack.

Photobucket

From left to right, top to bottom:

#524 Mike Scioscia, #561 Mike Griffin, #460 Gerald Young
#370 Scott Bradley, #059 Larry Herndon, #484 Tony Armas
#466 Scott Fletcher, #098 Robby Thompson, #281 Rick Honeycutt

Photobucket

#593 Eric Nolte, #354 Mike Greenwell, #143 Kevin McReynolds
#642 Damon Berryhill / Jeff Montgomery - Prospects

Photobucket

What kid in 1988 wouldn't have love this card?  My how times have changed.

Photobucket

I love this card of Ron Gant.  I wonder who or what he is staring at though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Unless someone the stickers from each pack I'm sure my 2 year old will love to have them!  The best part of the stickers however are the backs.  Love seeing the various stadiums and the little section of stats there is cool to see.

2 comments:

  1. I love the 1988 Fleer set. The patriotic colors and all. It's too bad it was the junk wax era. These cards could have been something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards WERE something special. This Fleer set is miles ahead of Topps and Donruss from 1988 and probably neck and neck with Score for best set of 88 and much better than anything in 1989 (including UD). I don't care if there are 70 million sets out there, I still want mine.

    ReplyDelete