Friday, March 30, 2012

March 2012 Affordable Group Break - 1997 Topps Screenplays


I made mention in the video that I wasn't going to remove the white protective film on the cards, but then I remembered that one of the 21 cards will be an insert - the Premium Series.  Now I don't know what those look like, but I know it's one of the following players:

Larry Walker, Cal Ripken Jr., Chipper Jones, Frank Thomas, Mike Piazza or Ken Griffey Jr.

That said I'm removing the film from these players just to make sure I can inform the proper team holder of their "winnings".

I'm also not going to scan any of these cards as they just don't scan well.  Frankly they look awesome in person, but crappy looking when scanned.  I know that some participants will be shut our here, but if you've ever participated in any of my previous breaks then you should know that I always try to toss in extra cards for those teams that don't get as many cards.  Now if your randomly assigned 2nd team doesn't get many cards then I'll do my best to toss in some extra cards for the team(s) you chose.  Make sense?

Now here is a run down of the order of Screenplay tins opened up.

Pack 4:
Jim Thome (Indians)

Pack 5:
Cal Ripken Jr. (Orioles)

Pack 6:
Hideo Nomo (Dodgers)

Pack 7:
Andres Galarraga (Rockies)

Pack 8:
Sammy Sosa (Cubs)

Pack 9:
Andruw Jones (Braves)

Pack 10:
Juan Gonzalez (Rangers)

1 comment:

  1. If there is a Larry Walker in there, then it is the insert. Walker does not have a base card in the set, the other 5 do. I have no idea why Topps would do that, but it's the Rockies I am sort of getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete