Friday, August 24, 2012

August 2012 Affordable Group Break - 1993 Stadium Club Series 3

This box of Series 3 had A LOT of doubles.  My Braves added 22 cards to the total, but of those 22 only 6 or 7 were unique?  Same goes for the Rangers - they added 25 cards, but several were dups or triples.  Hopefully this trend won't continue in subsequent boxes or I'll have to ship some people's cards in two boxes since I bought 200 ct. boxes to mail everyone's cards to them.

Truth be told this was the most underwhelming box thus far.  I had a hard time even picking out some of these cards to share.

How could I not scan a young Chipper Jones with this being his last year in the league?
The Master Photo redemption cards were again present - this time going to the The Dutch Card Guy w/ this Brien Taylor.  Remember that huge flame out?


The double sided Stadium Club Inserts were replaced with 2 different cards simply called "Firsts".  I had to scan the back as the theme of these set is pretty cool.  I'll go out on a limb and guess the other card in the set belongs to the Marlins.



Lastly the one per box 1st Day Issue goes to the Yankees.  I was beginning to wonder if the Yanks were going to get in on the insert action...only took 5 boxes!


Alright, now that 1993 is out of the way we can get back on track and hit the 3 boxes of 1995 TSC next...the year I'm most looking forward too.  Phone cards baby!

Updated card count through 5 boxes:

BASE CARD - PARALLEL - INSERT

NL
Braves - 75 - 3 - 0
Mets - 45 - 1 - 1
Dodgers - 52 - 5 - 2
Reds - 44 - 4 - 0
Giants - 46 - 4 -3
Phillies - 39 - 2 -3
Expos - 40 - 3 - 0
Brewers - 53 - 4 - 1
Cardinals - 44 - 2 - 0
Astros - 41 - 2 - 0
Pirates - 42 - 2 - 0
Padres - 53 - 0 - 0

AL
Yankees - 55 - 2 - 3
Mariners - 58 - 4 - 1
Indians - 43 - 4 - 0
Rangers - 64 - 0 - 0
Royals - 56 - 2 - 0
White Sox - 47 - 0 - 5
Angels - 46 - 0 - 2
Blue Jays - 51 - 1 - 0

2 comments:

  1. I love David Neid and Nigel Wilson cards! As a kid, I thought it was so cool that they were adding more teams to MLB, and the card companies made big deals out of the two top picks. Unfortunately, both didn't live up to the hype.

    I still followed Jerald Clark and collected his cards after the Rockies picked him off the Padres roster. I think I still considered him to be a "true Padre", for whatever reason.

    I had a Pat Listach card from this set that had the same effect on it as the BJ Surhoff card. I wish they still did stuff like that once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upper Deck did a lot of cool photography stuff like that in the 90's. I too miss that sort of thing.

      Delete