Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 2012 Affordable Group Break - 1994 Stadium Club Series 3

Series 3 continues with Golden Rainbow parallels, 1st Day Issue and Dugout Dirt inserts.  Exclusive to this series are Stadium Club Finest (1:6 packs).

I will go on record saying the collation in this box was horrible!  Most teams will see your card count jump quite a bit, but don't get too excited as there were a lot of doubles, triples and quadruples in some cases.  Even the pack break down was odd.  The third card in every pack was a double. Weird.  Anyhow there was a good selection of base cards, parallels and some nice looking inserts.

I love that Van Slyke!  I scanned the Bob Hamelin card just for Josh D. & Kyle4KC!

The Golden Rainbow parallels look even better on the subset cards like Carrasco & Smoltz.








There were 4 Dugout Dirt cards - 2 of Thomas and 2 of Daulton.


The 1st Day Issue this time around goes to BA Benny and his NY Mets.



My personal favorite insert of the whole '94 TSC break - Finest!

I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have talked Angels, In Order into signing up - that's another Tim Salmon I don't have!
That wraps up the boxes for 1994.  I was so eager to get this started that I skipped over the two 1993 boxes so those will be up next.

Updated card count through 3 boxes:

BASE CARD - PARALLEL - INSERT

NL
Braves - 41 - 3 - 0
Mets - 27 - 1 - 1
Dodgers - 27 - 5 - 2
Reds - 25 - 4 - 0
Giants - 25 - 4 - 2
Phillies - 16 - 2 -3
Expos - 24 - 3 - 0
Brewers - 28 - 4 - 1
Cardinals - 27 - 2 - 0
Astros - 20 - 2 - 0
Pirates - 25 - 2 - 0
Padres - 33 - 0 - 0

AL
Yankees - 28 - 2 - 0
Mariners - 34 - 4 - 1
Indians - 29 - 4 - 0
Rangers - 28 - 0 - 0
Royals - 26 - 2 - 0
White Sox - 30 - 0 - 5
Angels - 26 - 0 - 2
Blue Jays - 26 - 1 - 0

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! Bob Hamelin rookies!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pic of the Ham-bone! He was awesome, but just a comet.

    FQ - Let me know if you want to trade one of your Frank Thomas Finest cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've opened boxes of this and Series 2 and the collation is ridiculous. And not the good kind of ridiculous.

    There were two 1993 boxes? I only remember seeing one in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I opened the series 2 box before I thought about snapping the picture...

      Delete