Friday, August 24, 2012

August 2012 Affordable Group Break - 1995 Stadium Club Series 1

Now we're talking!  1995 was the year I was most looking forward to opening in this big break.  I guess you could say 1995 was an important year for me..graduation high school and all.  I didn't buy a lot of TSC that year, but what I loved what I remembered of the stuff I did have.  Opening the first few packs brought all those fun memories back.  This post will be a little more scan heavy, but that's a good thing!  That means there was a lot of cool cards to show off.

We'll start off with one of the coolest photographs I've ever seen on a base card...


There were so many great cards I had a hard time not scanning them all!  Here is just a few examples of some great TSC photography.


I love some good horizontal photos too

Another Larkin for Nachoes?


Lots of subsets to be found such as these awesome "Best Seat in the House"

LOVE that Alomar card
Not sure how I feel about these Cause & Effect cards...


Draft picks have a very simple design.


These Virtual Reality parallel cards show you how that player's 162 game statistics in 1994 would've looked had there been a full season.


Now let's talk inserts.  There are a total of 4 different inserts to be found - all seeded 1:24 packs (1 per box).  Gotta love what they tried to do in the mid-90's.

Ring Leaders Phone Cards came in 3 levels and if you actually made a call w/ the card then you'd be entered into another contest.  This the 1980 All-Star game was played in Dodger Stadium I see fit to award this card to the Dodgers...so congrats Speigel83!


Continuing with the Ring Leaders theme up next we have the Ring Leader Power Matrix cards.  Sadly no one claimed the Marlins.  A little on the gaudy side, but still beautiful.


I love the Clear Cut Finest cards and I was excited to see Tony Gwynn staring back at me.  You see All the Way to the Backstop claimed the Padres and this is his very first group break he's participated in...so congrats!  Will we see this card highlighted on a future Gwynnsday?


Lastly we have an insert called Super Skills.  It has an all foil front so it didn't scan that well, but looks good in hand.  You know I see to have a knack for pulling Barry Bonds inserts.  Perhaps that's why ARPSmith keeps coming back?


I hope everyone enjoyed this box as much as I did.  The best part is we still have 2 more boxes of '95 TSC to rip!


Updated card count through 6 boxes:
BASE CARD - PARALLEL - INSERT

NL
Braves - 88 - 3 - 0
Mets - 59 - 2 - 1
Dodgers - 62 - 5 - 3
Reds - 54 - 4 - 0
Giants - 57 - 4 - 4
Phillies - 46 - 2 - 3
Expos - 49 - 3 - 0
Brewers - 63 - 5 - 1
Cardinals - 50 - 3 - 0
Astros - 56 - 5 - 0
Pirates - 51 - 3 - 0
Padres - 63 - 1 - 1

AL
Yankees - 67 - 4 - 3
Mariners - 66 - 5 - 1
Indians - 58 - 7 - 0
Rangers - 73 - 2 - 0
Royals - 70 - 3 - 0
White Sox - 64 - 0 - 5
Angels - 56 - 1 - 2
Blue Jays - 63 - 2 - 0

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one freaking awesome Gwynn! since he's retired, there hasn't been anyone to carry the tradition of awesome Padre inserts. Or maybe cards from the 90s are just better than they are now. or maybe it's both.

    ReplyDelete