Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Verse & Prayer Request & General Blog Update

Ephesians 6:12-13

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.


The South had a minor ice storm roll through Friday last week and played havoc all around.  While I manage a self storage facility in Charlotte, I also have to run a pretty large self service car wash.  With everyone's car being covered with salt and brime from the road I wasn't surprised to see a lot of people showing up Saturday morning to wash their car.  What I didn't plan on finding was my change machine at the car wash vandalized.

For some stupid reason some idiot poured Pepsi inside the changer, effectively rendering it useless.  I spent the better part of 3 hours Saturday morning trying to get the machine fixed.  During this time one of bill validators overheated - something that I didn't notice until I went to grab it so I could remove it and clean the sensors and rollers inside it.  That is when I burnt 4 fingers on my right hand.  Doctor said I was really lucky I didn't burn any other part of my hand.  Minor 2nd degree burn is what they told me this evening when I went back to urgent care for them to look at my hand.

For the most part my hand is fine and I can actually type again.  This is part of the reason why I'm just now getting my weekly Sunday Verse post up.  Saturday was one of those days that if I didn't have a family that relies on me and my job I may have walked out on my responsibilities.  Without boring you with all the details, I've been dealing with a lot of crap and uncertainty at work and I would just like some prayer if you're the praying type.  Some days are fine - and then there are days like Saturday where I've just about had it.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way about work, but this is the 2nd time in less than 12 months that I've injured myself at work trying to work to the best of my ability!

I do ask that you be patient with me as I have to go back to see the doctor again later this week.  This may interfere a little with my original plans to begin my first ever Football Affordable Group Break.  Hopefully my hand and fingers will continue to heal just fine and I can go about my daily routine problem free.

As of Sunday evening I believe we still have 2 or 3 two team slots left in the football break.  Deadline to sign up will still be Tuesday.  Look for a link in the top right corner if you want more info or wish to sign up.  The 2013 Topps Affordable Group Break is slated to happen this coming weekend, Fed. 2nd if UPS sticks to their 3 day delivery.  Several teams still available.  Link is again in the upper right corner of the blog if you want to join in on the fun.

Coming this week are a few more "10 Centerrific" themed posts and some Super Bowl trade bait that 49er fans may be interested in.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment