However with the beginning of the 2013 baseball season just around the corner I thought now would be a perfect opportunity to host another edition of my Affordable Group Break. In staying true to my roots I've decided to go back to the 90's a pick 3 boxes that I hope everyone will enjoy. Like with previous breaks, the great guys at The Baseball Card Exchange will again be sponsoring this break.
Up first is a product I first learned about when my brother was in college. In 1992 I had only been collecting for a few years and I didn't have access to a hobby shop or even Beckett magazine. My brother brought home a few packs of these cards from the college's school store and I always thought they were unique. I think this one a one and done product for Topps making it that much more enjoyable.
1992 Topps Kids
- 48 packs, 7 cards per pack
* I have all the Atlanta Braves from this set so I'll be selling a Braves slot for just this slot if anyone cares
By 1993 rolled around I was just getting into collecting other brands outside of Topps. I remember when the Ted Williams Card Co. was founded and oddly enough I opened a few packs, but I can't remember for the life of me where I purchased the packs! I figured this was something that a lot of us may not have in our team/player collections.
1993 Ted Williams (Premiere Edition)
- 36 packs, 12 cards per pack
- 2 insert cards per pack
- Etched in Stone, a tribute to Roberto Clemente
- Gene Locklear Collection
Skip a few years to 1996. By this time I was in college and my attention to baseball and baseball cards was waning a little bit. Leave it up to Fleer/Skybox to catch my attention with their Metal Universe set. I was somewhat familiar with the concept as I was buying basketball cards for a short while. I know not every collector out there cared for this brand, but I for one always enjoyed it.
1996 Fleer Skybox Metal Universe (Hobby)
- 24 packs
- Look for Motherlode inserts
To claim a slot(s) please:
- 1) Leave a comment letting me know your team of choice (or teams if claiming multiple slots)
- 2) PayPal your payment via gift to: cardboardcollections at yahoo.com
- 3) E-mail me (same address as payment) your screen name, full name, address and the team(s) claimed
01) Braves (Cardboard Collections) (PAID)
02) Dodgers (grcl) (PAID)
03) Yankees (Dutch Card Guy) (PAID)
04) Astros (That Astros Guy / @SWVLguy) (PAID)
05) Pirates (NY Hitman 23) (PAID)
1992 Topps Kids Atlanta Braves slot - $2.00