Saturday, January 7, 2017

2016 Topps Now: Dansby Swanson #366 (923 print run)

The first snowfall of the new year has left me awake most of the night, monitoring the weather in more of a work capacity than for pleasure. Deciding to make the most of my time awake I finally got started scanning that pesky stack of cards that has been sitting on my desk for the past several months. In this stack are a lot of Topps Now cards I bought last year so expect to see several of those type posts as I work on getting myself caught up.



August 17, 2016, this kid I've heard so much about made his MLB debut. I was traveling that night for work, but thankfully the hotel I was staying at carried Fox Sports South and I was able to watch his debut game. Dansby flashed his leather in the outfield and went 2 for 4 at the plate. 

I think the last young Braves prospect I was this eager watching play was Jason Heyward and before that Andruw Jones. Not surprisingly this Topps Now card quickly followed Dansby's big day in the majors. Not surprisingly the card sold pretty well with a print run of 923 cards.

1 comment:

  1. Crap. I'm gonna need one of these. I like the concept of Topps Now - makes for a great set full of moments from the season, but the price is so high and the execution is so poor in my opinion. Feels like a lot of cool things get left out, a few teams are definitely overrepresented and a few are essentially ignored.

    It'd be cooler if your cards shipped all at once, that would let them drive the price down - perhaps $5 per card (or maybe even less!). Or maybe you could at least stack your orders.

    My main gripe with it is that it makes it really damn expensive to be a team collector.

    ReplyDelete