Friday, March 31, 2017

Trade from North of the Border - Supporting the Minnow

Trevor from Supporting the Minnow reached out to me earlier in the month after he saw that I had some old O-Pee-Chee cards in addition to a nice stack of 2009 Upper Deck OPC that he needed. We quickly worked out a trade and off our packages went...traversing a large chunk of North America.


I used to not mess with Braves prior to 1990, the year I really got interested in following the Braves and collecting cards, but over the years my eyes have been opened more and more to the glory of vintage cardboard. I was able to grab a few from '77, '79 and '85.


Somehow I didn't have this 1991 Classic Chipper Jones, a travestry, right?! Being that Trevor resides in Canada he had some cool Canadian cards such as the 1991 Post of David Justice and the 1992 OPC Brian Hunter. The Glavine card comes from a set I wasn't familiar with, Allan's Kaye's Sports Cards News & Price Guides. The card measures just a smidge larger than your traditional trading card. Love the odd ball stuff like that.

Grabbed a few cards of the Iron Man too. Another Canadian Post card and an Upper Deck Post card from 1995? I don't remember those two companies working together. To finish it off a nice Then & Now hologram from 1993 UD.


Just in time for this weekend's NCAA Men's Final Four, we have a 1991 Classic card of UNLV's Larry Johnson. LJ was a big time college player who would go on to help put the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA on the map. 

Thanks again for the trade Trevor!

No comments:

Post a Comment