Wednesday, April 12, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 12


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 12
One of your favorite cards from the 1980s


I'm sure this card will be popping up a lot of today's challenge. It's easily one of the most recoginzed cards from the 1980's if not of all time. 1989 Upper Deck. What a great set (even though I think my favorite UD design is a tie between 91, 92, and 93...they nailed it those years). As I was getting into collecting I was starting to hear about Upper Deck and how much better were there cards. It wasn't just about the quality of the cards though, it was the photographs too. They definately gave Topps, Donruss and Fleer a run for their money back then.

I still remember asking my parents if I saved enough of my own money if I could buy this card. I believe my dad understood, although at this time the card was trading for close to 3 figures and that he didn't understand. My mom? Forget it, she thought I was being irresponsible! The day I finally pulled the trigger, man oh man was I on cloud 9 for several days. Never since have I had same feeling of euphoria over obtaining a modern rookie card.

2 comments:

  1. Iconic card. The 91UD design is my favorite... but the 89UD is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad choice at all. I didn't have my first copies of this until 2002 or so.

    ReplyDelete