Wednesday, April 5, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 5


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 5
A certified autograph card of one of your favorite players


Growing up in Charlotte, NC, the Braves were my grandfather's team. I remember trips down to the old Fulton County Stadium with my grandfather and father and now that both of those great men are gone, those are special memories. Alongside those memories include watching David Justice play for the Braves. 

I remember having a giant poster of Justice on my bedroom door. The guy was a beast and a lot of fun to watch play. While I have amassed a nice collection of his cards, I don't have many autos. I do however own this 2012 Topps Chasing History auto. I still don't care for the giant holographic silver stickers, but hey it's still an autograph, right? This card captures Justice in mid swing, most likely hitting the ball out of the ballpark.

2 comments:

  1. the sticker does seem a bit out of place on the card, but it's a nice auto at least. great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Topps is moving back to on card signatures...the sticker is just so big and covers up so much of the card's front real estate.

      Delete