Thursday, April 26, 2018

Pack Break: 2018 Bowman


The wait and the search for 2018 Bowman is over. Releasing yesterday, 04/25/18, I finally found a local store that had them in stock. I practiced some preservation and just grabbed one value hanger pack. I don't usually buy a lot of Bowman since I'm not into prospecting, but with Ozzie Albies and newly called up Ronald Acuna having rookie cards in this years product I'm more interested than normal.


3 cards into the 22 card pack and I landed an Ohtani RC. I have to be honest
that I don't know much about this guy, despite his presence all over the hobby and social media. I saw today while watching the afternoon Braves/Reds game that FS1 is showing the Yankees/ Angels series starting Saturday so I may have to tune in to check this guy out. I'm unsure what to do w/ this Ohtani RC right now. Should I trade it for something Braves related? Add it to my eBay store? Or just hold onto it for now?


In the middle of the pack were a few shiny chrome cards, one of which was this insert of Ronald Acuna himself! Man did I pick a good pack to be my first pack of 2018 Bowman!

Here is the rest of the pack breakdown:

003 Corey Kluber
023 Richard Urena
035 Erick Fedde
049 Shohei Ohtani
059 Walker Buehler
070 Parker Bridwell
079 Buster Posey
086 Rougned Odor
097 Gary Sanchez
100 Kris Bryant
BP044 James Kaprielian
BP046 Cristian Pache
BP063 Dylan Cozens
BP092 Ryan Vilade
BP106 D.J. Stewart
BP131 MacKenzie Gore
BCP007 Carter Kiebook
BCP013 Sam Hilliard
BCP038 Mitch Keller
BCP047 Ibandel Isabel
BTP-84 Taylor Trammell - Top 100
#-RA Ronald Acuna - #Bowman Trending

5 comments:

  1. If I pull an Ohtani out of the 1st pack of Bowman... there won't be a second pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to the same Target today (for something else) and I noticed that EVERY hanger pack and blaster were gone and half of the single pack gravity feeder as well!

      Delete
  2. What a great pack! Love that you got the Acuna. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first look at the Bowman cards this year. I'll definitely pick some and I'm also hoping to grab Albies or Acuna. Nice Ohtani card. Have to see how he pans out. If you don't have a personal reason to keep him you should be able to get Albies or Acuna in a deal. Good post. Thank.s

    ReplyDelete