Saturday, July 21, 2018

2017 Topps Now: Adam Wainwright #204 (289 print run)



I ended up grabbing this non-Braves Topps Now card last season for a few different reasons. 1) I have a small Wainwright PC as a member of my "Faith Brothers" sub-collection, 2) the card also fits my Batting Pitchers sub-collection and 3) the way the card came to be. 

Wainwright pitched a shutout game, which along is impressive, but all the runs in the game were by Wainwright himself with his two run HR. It's moments like this that I say leave the game alone. I don't want a universal Designated Hitter in both leagues. I like the strategy involved when the pitcher has to hit. Yes, most pitchers are the best at the plate, but then there are instances like this that make the game so exciting and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment