Tuesday, September 25, 2018

September Affordable Group Break Results

If you follow me on Twitter (@flywheels) or on Facebook then you may have already seen some the posted images from this month's break. However I know there are some readers that aren't on social media so I wanted to go ahead and do a recap post here as well.







The first box opened was 1991 O-Pee-Chee Premier. Small set so we got lots and lots of doubles and unfortunately some teams weren't as well represented as others, however some teams did end up adding several cards to their respective stacks.

The 1991 OPC Premier design was pretty clean and simple. Regular cardstock with a white border. A team colored border surrounds the color player photo. The player's name and team are in small font across the bottom with their position being listed in both English and French.





Next up was 1992 O-Pee-Chee Premier and it was a lot like the previous year in a lot of ways. The design was very similar to '91 and the set was again fairly small so the box yielded quite a few doubles. The player selection seemed to be better this time round however with a little more diverse checklist.










The final box of the break was 1993 O-Pee-Chee Premier and was my favorite of the 3 years. The design remained fairly clean and simple, however the checklist was much larger and the set introduced inserts. In each pack was a gold Star Performer and there were some good names in the set. The one per box inserts were Top Draft Picks, which we pulled Todd Steverson. The other insert was a version of the Star Performer, Foil Star Performer. The card had a UV coating and added some gold foil to the OPC logo. We pulled Roberto Alomar of the Blue Jays. Both of these cards were given to the two participants that had the smallest team stacks.

While these boxes weren't (and didn't) knock anyone socks off, I hope it was still fun for those who participated. It's always hard trying to find product that people will enjoy where I can also keep the price down. With the final 3 months of the year I don't see myself having as much free time, plus I know people's money gets tighter come the holidays so I think this will be my final Affordable Group Break for 2018. I appreciate everyone who has participated and supported me since I brought these breaks back. I'm definitely planning on busting more cheap wax in 2019 and will make an announcement when I'm ready. Until then, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for putting on such a great break. I loved my cards. I really didn't know what to expect but there were plenty of great cards making this a lot of fun. And thanks so much for the added cards. Those were a big surprise all going straight into my PC. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the break. I love hearing from everyone as I always aim to please and try to make these break affordable and fun for everyone.

      Delete