Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Clear Cut Above the Others

Photobucket
2007 UD Elements Matt Holliday #CCE-MH
#d 126/199
A few months back I opened a box of 2007 Upper Deck Elements as part of my monthly group break and I was so impressed with the Clear-Cut Elements autograph jersey card that was pulled so it got me looking to see what other players were part of the checklist.
I found that Matt Holliday was part of the set, but at the time I didn't give it much thought.  A few weeks ago however while doing some off the field research on a few players I discovered some really cool things about Matt that I didn't know.  This lead to the idea of collecting autographs and game used cards of Matt since I couldn't afford / have the desire to collect every card of his.  Then I remembered his card in the Elements set.

When I searched out the card I found a lot of the sellers wanted $20.00 + for the card.  While that may not be a bad price for a nice serially numbered auto jersey card of his I'm on a fixed budget here.  Even more so now.  I believe I ended up nabbing this card with shipping for around $8.00.  Good thing I was able to move some other things I didn't want to offset the purchase.  For me this is a great way to start off my Holliday collection.  I've got a few other things I plan to share in the coming week, but for now I'm going to enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment