Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pack Break - 2007 Topps WWE Action

Photobucket

Continuing the WWE Wrestlemania celebration I return with a pack of WWE cards that is new to me.  Since I was out of the trading card hobby until late 2009 I missed out on a lot of the earlier wrestling sets that Topps offered up.  This again was a 99 cent pack from the discount box at Target.  I'm feeling a little better about this pack though so let's see what's inside.

Photobucket
#61 Joey Styles

Former ECW announcer.  I never watched much of ECW so I can't really comment much here other than I have no idea where he is now.

Photobucket
#59 Matt Striker

Ah, the sweater vest guy!  I rarely remember seeing him in the ring.  He is currently one of the commentators on the Smackdown brand.

Photobucket
#53 CM Punk

CM Punk from his less annoying days.  I'm not 100% certain, but that guy's he is beating up looks a lot like that D'Angelo Deniro "Pope" guy currently on TNA.

Photobucket
#75 Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga

I always thought Lashley was a beast.  The back of the card details the match between these two guys stating that Lashley won and Vince McMahon lost his hair as a result.

Photobucket
#72 John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

I guess it wouldn't be a WWE pack without getting a card of John Cena.  At least the photography is rather good.  I wonder if the STF submission hold really hurts that much?

Photobucket

Photobucket
#69 Undertaker vs. Batista

This match apparently happened at Wrestlemania 23.  Of course we all know who won that match since the Undertaker is going into tonight's match against Triple H with the all time Wrestlemania record of 18-0.

Photobucket
#60 Tazz

Another current TNA employee.  Tazz was a pretty good commentator during his WWE days.

I like these cards.  I'm not always a huge fan of a lot of foil on the front of cards, especially gold.  The foil design however is very minimal and doesn't distract from the photography.  I believe this is a 90 card set and the wrapper says tattoos can be found 1:4 packs and lenticular motion cards are 1:8 packs.  Those I might have to search out.

1 comment:

  1. Decent looking cards, but I'm never a fan of cards that don't have a player's (or wrestler's) name on the front, even though I know who it is. It's funny, though, that out of 6 cards, you got two announcers and one future announcer.

    ReplyDelete