Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recent Acquisitions

Today's post will be a quick one.  I just wanted to share a few new cards that were sent my way over the last few weeks.

Photobucket
 2008 Tristar Signa Cuts Todd Hollandsworth #d 46/50

This was one of those purchases where if you leave it on your watchlist long enough it's bound to go on sale...and that's exactly what happened.  Not too bad for $2.99.  The signature just doesn't look like it reads Todd Hollandsworth.

Photobucket
2003 Fleer Splendid Splinters Gary Sheffield game-used bat #d 161/425

I was hoping to get a hit in Community Gum's current all Fleer group break, but I was shut out.  Thankfully this nice card of Sheffield was to be had for $.99.  Too bad the whole card isn't wood as that would have been really cool.

Photobucket
2003 Upper Deck MVP Darin Erstad Covering the Bases authentic base #CB-DE

Game-used jersey and bat cards are a dime a dozen, but I don't see near as many game-used base cards...especially cards with such a large piece of base as these Covering the Bases cards from MVP.  Sure Erstad may not have the star power as other players in this set, but at $.79 why not?  Anytime I can find a game-used base card for a decent price I won't overlook it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "odd" relic myself too, bases are fun, I have a pitchers mound, a few batting gloves, shoes, hats, helmets, an endzone pylon, and facemasks as well.

    ReplyDelete