Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Verse c/o Micah Owings

Today's verse comes courtesy of my new autographed 2003 Upper Deck National Pride USA Baseball card of Micah Owings.  He autographed this card and added the verse Philippians 4:13 - one of my favorite verses as well.

Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
13 I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

 Photobucket

I love it when athletes share one of their personal favorite verses when the autograph items.  I have always made it a point to look for cards like these when buying or trading.  I don't have many at this point, but I do aim to share more as I get them.

I know as a man I struggle at times to handle everything life throws at me.  My job, providing for my family, etc.  I think us men naturally have this idea that we must put up a macho facade to everyone.  We think that asking for help is a sign of weakness and that we must do everything ourselves.  Or at least I feel like that at times.  Then along comes something as short as a verse as Philippians 4:13 and I'm reminded that while I can do anything that I set my mind on, it's not my strength that helps me prevail.  It's His...plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment