Thursday, December 4, 2014

"O" My! The Braves have a new Right Fielder



Well the vacancy in right field made by trading away Jason Heyward a few weeks ago has been filled. Welcome to Atlanta Nick Markakis. The guys on MLB Network said the back of his baseball cards don't lie. From what I can tell this seems like a good replacement. 2 time Gold Glove winner so I know he can play defense. Has some pop in his bat as well from looking at his batting average, RBIs and HRs.

Any Orioles collectors out there still reading my blog? What are your thoughts? Think he'll fit in here in Atlanta? I know I'm ready to see him in a photoshopped Braves uniform on cardboard. I betcha Topps is already hard at work.

2 comments:

  1. 4 years and 44 million is a steal for Markakis. The O's fanbase took the hit of losing Nelson Cruz to the Mariners pretty well but now they seem to be ready to burn down the Warehouse. I'm pretty pissed about the situation to say the least. I don't know what I'm going to do with my Markakis PC now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there when before too. When David Justice left Atlanta I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my PC either, but ultimately I kept on collecting...even his Yankee cards.

      Delete