Friday, August 14, 2015

Box Break - 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter

Hobby boxes of the annual Allen & Ginter brand by Topps have not been kind to me, at least in the guaranteed hit department. Will my luck change this year?

I grabbed a hobby box of Ginter late in the game, however it was less than $90 shipped so I don't feel too bad for waiting. No Gint-A-Cuffs this year as I missed the deadline, but it was still fun opening the box. My box actually arrived while I was away on vacation at the beach, but I was able to satisfy my Ginter fix by grabbing a few rack packs from the Walmart near the campsite. In years past I had really good luck pulling retail hits from this very same Walmart. That tradition continued as I pulled two more retail (full size) relics. But more on those later...lets get to the contents of my hobby box.


Three hits are guaranteed in each hobby box and finally I got something better than just your run of the mill relics. Busty Posey buyback auto redemption! The other two I could care less for, but actually all 3 are up for grabs. Looking for Braves autos and relics.


I'm still not sure what to think about these Buyback cards. I ended up with 3, one each from 2010, 2011 and 2012. I am a sucker for the framed minis, but again all 3 of these are up for grabs.


Regular minis


Mini SP


A&G Back minis


A&G back SP


Hand numbered mini


Black Bordered minis


Mini inserts



Full size inserts

All in all I was satisfied with the contents of the box, although I was expecting to pull more mini inserts than I did. I'm again working on building the base set w/ SPs and all of the inserts. I'm not keeping any of the non-insert minis. I've already compiled my 2015 A&G Want List so if you see something in the post and want to work out a trade, please look over all of my Want Lists.

All of those other inserts, relics and duplicates that I've amassed from retail packs/blasters have also been added to my Trade List along with a lot of the cards from this post as well.


1 comment:

  1. Here's my list: http://fanofreds.blogspot.com/p/my-want-list.html. I can help you out with some of your set needs (my trade bait: http://fanofreds.blogspot.com/2015/08/for-trade-2015-topps-allen-ginter.html) Shoot me an email if interested!!

    ReplyDelete