Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 2013 Affordable Group Break - Football Edition

First off let me thank everyone for their support in nearly filling this group break.  I've thought about doing a football break before, but I was never sure if there would be enough interest.  If you'd like me to host another group break please comment and let me know.  Older (90's/2000's) product or current stuff?  I for one have my eye on 2012 Topps Magic.

Anyhow let's get on to the good stuff.  For those of you that like video check it below.  Since most of the boxes were light on packs the video only clocks in at 16 minutes.  If you want to skip around I started with Absolute, then Press Pass and finished it up w/ the best of the lot - Timeless Treasures.


2011 Panini Absolute Memorabilia

The box stated there would be one guaranteed hit...wasn't expecting a 2nd!  Big winners here were the Bengals and Tigers.

2012 Press Pass


According to my Google search Dan Persa went undrafted in the 2012 NFL Draft.  So I think the fair thing to do is random his card off to the teams that didn't get a hit.  I'll be excluding my teams from this by the way.  That leaves NY Hitman, cynicalbuddha, Scott Crawford, Underdog, jaybarkerfan and Superduperman99 left.

And the winner is...

UNDERDOG!

2011 Panini Timeless Treasures








I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stoked about pulling a Cam Newton, but the big winners here are the Redskins and Texans.  Love the Skins patch and it's numbered 1 of 25!  Check out that awesome JJ Watt auto.  I'm sure the Dimwit is dancing in Mobile tonight!

If you watched the randomization video the other night then you'll know I made mention of buying a 2012 Panini Crown Royale (retail) rack pack to include in the break.  I totally forgot to bust it before I closed out the video so those cards will be a surprise in everyone's stack.

In traditional fashion, I've also included extra cards for everyone's main team(s).  It just my way of saying thanks for coming along for the ride.  My goal is to have these cards packed up and in the mail Thursday and or Friday.

One last note.  If you are also participating in my 2013 Topps break, the boxes should arrive Friday.  If all goes well I'll rip the boxes that night and get everything posted Saturday at the latest.

4 comments:

  1. Could not be more excited!!!! AWESOME WATT!!!! Thanks for the break and I'd totally be in for another break some time! Thanks Colby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! JJ Watt AND Cam Newton?! Nice box there, Colbey.

    I don't need the tin. Feel free to send it off to someone else if there are any Falcons fans in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, Not much in there for me. I don't think I have to say it but just package up any cards I got with the baseball break later. And I'd be interested in that Frank Thomas you posted earlier. Did you get my package?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Congrats to everyone that got a hit! I'm in for another football break as well. You can also package the cards I got with the any upcoming cards I receive in the baseball break.

    ReplyDelete