Saturday, April 1, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 1

We've had various "Bat Around the Blog" topics come up in the world of the card blogosphere, but recently a new topic has been presented. Aptly called the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge. Created by Off Hiatus Baseball, the challenge is simple. Blog each day about the laid out daily challenge. I immediately knew this would be a lot of work, especially for me since April is going to be a beast of a month for me at work. I also knew this could be a lot of fun creating and reading others posts that participate. So consider the challenge officially accepted by Cardboard Collections.


Now the challenge doesn't necessarily say the 30 days has to be consecutive, but here we are on April 1st so why not try and make the challenge just that, a challenge. I'm going to do my best to bring a post as part of the challenge for each of the next 30 days. Wish me luck!

DAY 1
A card from the current year with a photo you like

It's still early in the baseball card year so I don't have much to choose from. Topps flagship, Opening Day, Heritage. Gypsy Queen was just released, but hasn't shown up yet in my neck of the woods. Haven't really seen or messed with the Topps Stickers that are out now, nor have I had the change to pick up any of the 2017 Donruss (though I really want too). Finding a photo I really liked proved to be a tough challenge than I originally thought it would be. However I finally decided on a variation to the base card of Freddie Freeman from 2017 Topps Opening Day.


I had to lift this image off the internet as I don't own the card...yet. However I just love this card. I love the joy displayed on Freddie's face. This is a kid that loves the game of baseball. He has fun on the field and the photographer caught one of those moments. From the stars on his hat, this photo must've been from the Braves Memorial Day tribute or 4th of July...can't quite tell. Either way, its a great looking card and is on my want list.

I also find this card fitting for the challenge on Day, April 1st as Freddie christened SunTrust Park last night with a HR. I hope to see more of that and his smile in the upcoming season!

2 comments:

  1. Nice choice. Always nice to see a player's emotions fly off the baseball card. You called it perfectly... this kid loves the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freddie is always smiling. Even last year when the Braves was getting dogged, you could always tell that he was giving it his all and find him smiling no matter what.

      Delete