Tuesday, April 11, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 11


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 11
One of your favorite cards from the 1970s



I was born in 1977, so when I really got into collecting Braves cards I wanted to go back and see what the cards looked like the year I was born. It would be years later before I actually acquired any vintage cards, but my very first 1977 Topps was of Phil Niekro. I met him somewhere with my father at a meet & greet, but I can't recall when & where. I do remember that he brought with him a nice supply of his own cards and was offering to sign them...for kids only. I believe I still have the card somewhere, but I couldn't put my hands on it for this day's challenge. Needless to say that's a card and memory that I'll always hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment