Thursday, April 13, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 13


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 13
One of your favorite cards from the 1990s



I know the 90's in terms of baseball cards are widely considered the era of junk wax, but man I loved the cards back then. Granted I was knew to the hobby and I didn't care, it was cards like this 1993 Upper Deck of Steve Avery, Greg Maddux, John Smoltz and Tom Glavine that made me love baseball cards. 

While I still love cards today, I miss some of the gimmicks and things the companies did with their cards in the 1990s. I often wonder if we'll ever see a return to this time in cards. Lets face it though, I ain't holding my breath!

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to our hobby... the 90's are one of my favorite eras. Unfortunately, I think it's more likely that Trump becomes the most popular President in US History than the card community returning to the peak of the Junk Wax Era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Steve Avery...really thought he was going to be something big.

    ReplyDelete