Sunday, April 16, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 16


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 16
A card of a player whom you appreciate but don't like



One thing that I've always known as a baseball fan is that I dislike the Yankees. Always have and always will. However there is one player that wore the pinstripes that while I don't like him or collect him, I can appreciate what he meant to the game of baseball. That is Derek Jeter. 

I actually have a few cards in my collection that feature Jeter in one way or another. Being a super collector of Mets shortstop, Rey Ordonez, the two players were often compared (at least when it came to their defensive abilities) and were matched up on cards. This 2002 Fleer Tradition New York's Finest is one card from my Ordonez collection that features Jeter on the reverse side.

This post got me thinking though that I probably should pick up the Jeter jersey version of the card as well if I'm going to a 100% Rey Ordonez collection.

2 comments:

  1. Growing up as a Mets fan on the East Coast it was always in my blood to hate the Yankees! So many arguments broke out back in the day between me and my friends on who was better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree 100%. Can't stand the Yankees... but I give mad props to Jeter.

    ReplyDelete