Thursday, April 20, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 20


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 20
Your favorite parallel card based on the parallel, not the player.


1998 Fleer Tradition was a fun set to collect, in my opinion. The Vintage '63 was an insert set randomly inserted in both series 1 and 2. However today's challenge is all about parallels, not inserts. The Vintage '63 set had its own parallel set, Classic '63. These cards were serially numbered to 63 each and weren't the easiest to pull. I remember because I was floored when I pulled a low numbered Derek Jeter back in the day.

Other than the serial number printed in gold foil on the card's back, the front yellow diamond was replaced with gold foil. This makes the Classic '63 cards stand out from the normal Vintage '63 cards. I guess it's the overall clean design and the serial number that makes this set attractive to me. I may be able to come up with another favorite parallel if I had more time and energy to think, but this is the first thing that jumped out at me when I read this day's challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking parallel. Always liked the Fleer Tradition sets. Super cool that you own the first card of Mr. Justice.

    ReplyDelete