Monday, April 3, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 3


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 3
A card from the first set you tried to complete

Set building was a foreign concept for me for many, many years. It wasn't that I didn't know about set building, it was just that I never was able to buy (read afford) enough packs of cards in order to build a set. However, in 1991 I really my best with Topps. 


I saved up enough money to buy more packs of '91 Topps than I previously had bought of any other year. I don't own most of those cards any longer so I really can't recall how close I got to completing the set...if I ever got close at all. It was only the second year I had been collecting cards, but for some reason I got a "calling" to try and build the set. I still love the design and was thrilled to see Topps bring it back in limited fashion in last year's Archives set.

1 comment:

  1. I was burnt out on 1991 Topps for years... but lately I've started appreciating both the design and the photography from this set. The Chipper is definitely an iconic card.

    ReplyDelete