Sunday, April 9, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 9


30 DAY BASEBALL CARD CHALLENGE
DAY 8
One of your favorite cards from the 1950s




Up until recently I didn't mess with vintage baseball cards, not even cards of Braves players. However I've turned over a new leaf and I've started to search out vintage cards at times. A few years ago my little brother approached me about the value of some vintage cards his boss at work was selling. One of the cards he had was a 1954 Topps Henry Aaron RC. The card wasn't in pristine condition...and I was more than OK with that. The corners were dogged, the card was slightly faded. Basically it was worn...and I loved it. I can't remember how much his boss was looking to get for the card, but it was the closest I've ever been to such a great card from the 50's. One day I'll be able to add this card to my Braves collection...I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a Braves fan, but I hope that one day I'll be able to add this card to my collection as well.

    ReplyDelete