Sunday, January 19, 2020

Pack Break: 2019 Panini Optic Football


We are just hours away from the NFL AFC and NFC title games today so I splurged and picked up a rack pack of 2019 Panini Optic football cards. I cringed a little at the price when I scanned the pack as these are nearly a dollar per card. I don’t usually go for the higher priced stuff so let’s hope I picked a good pack!


First card out of the pack is Houston’s #1 WR, DeAndre Hopkins, followed by former Carolina Panthers corner, Josh Norman and Miami’s soon to be released (?) QB, Josh Rosen.


Ok, now we’re talking...Cam Newton. Here in Carolina it looks like our new owner (David Tepper) is going to tear it all down and start over so Cam may not be in a Panthers uniform much longer.


Bobby Wagner’s name came up a lot here recently in Carolina with Luke Kuechly announcing his surprise retirement. The two beasts on the field have often been compared. Four Bette is a beast on a bad team. “Matty Ice” I just can’t stand. He’s part of the Panthers I-85 rivals, but I just don’t like the guy. I think is a good QB, but not as great as the media makes him out to be. Next!


I respect what the Patriots can do for players, but that organization isn’t very high on my list. Despite that Edelman has emerged as a pretty darn good wideout. Not sure who this Homer kid is, but it’s his RC.


The one like Green High Velocity parallel exclusive to rack packs is none other than a rookie RB from Jacksonville, Ryque Armstead. Who?!

While I do love shiny chrome cards like Optic, Prizm and Chrome, I don’t believe these retail packs are always worth their asking price. In this case I felt like my back was a little of a bust and just backs up my reasoning for not going down this path very often.

The Cam Newton is a keeper, but I do believe the rest of this packs’ contents will be listed for trade on my Trading Card Database profile. Hit me up if your interested in forming a trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment