Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A Welcomed Surprise

A fellow long time blogger reached out to me the other week to see if I had any interest in some video games they were planning on letting go. We exchanged several messages back and forth, then I sort of forgot about our conversations...until a medium flat rate USPS box showed up on my porch today. While most of the contents are not trading card related, I'm sharing it here since that is the common ground I and this fellow blogger share. Instead of doing a traditional post, I decided to do an unboxing video...which I've never really attempted before. Check it out...


I'm still blown away by this person's generosity. I was so excited to show my family the games once they came home from school/work today. As of this post I haven't had the time to sit down and play any of them, but I can't wait to do so. I've looked at some gameplay video on YouTube on a few of the games I wasn't as familiar with...like James Bond Jr. and Felix the Cat on the NES an they both look like fun games. I will have custom game cases made for each of these games as they will are a treasured addition to the gaming library.

12 comments:

  1. That's an awesome mail day! I still have my old SNES (in case anyone wants to unload some SNES games) ;) Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rogue Squadron! Loved that game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...really looking forward to re-living that experience.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome!! Some of those games I would imagine are worth a few bucks as well. This summer during the pandemic I dug out and set up my old PS2 (with PS games as well) and XBox 360. I didn't have many age appropriate games for my son, so we hit up the pawn shops and garage sales last summer and man I was able to score some great games for next to nothing. I picked up a whole stack of Call of Duty (for myself) games for like $2 a piece for the 360. I do like your set up. I never had an N64 or Game cube, but I'm tempted to seek them out if I can find some cheap games for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely ever sell or trade away games so "value" is really in my vocabulary. One look at my game room would reveal how much this is true...so many different consoles and so many games.

      I still every Nintendo console hooked up in my game room (minus the Wii, I put that in my daughter's playroom), however I've had to close off many of the cubes the consoles sit in too keep our kitten from going in behind the setup and chewing on the wires! I'm about to re-open everything up again so I can play these new games and some others.

      N64 and GameCubes aren't horrendously expensive on the secondary market, but some of the games can be. If you do pick up a N64, let me know as I do have a game or two that are kid appropriate I'd gladly send your way.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am rather pleased with the contents...

      Delete
  5. How is someone supposed to send return fire for a mailday like that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, thanks for the video! We never owned RC Pro-Am and didn't know anyone who had it. but it was one of those games we really wanted. We had and loved Super Dodge Ball also. We loved wailing on the downed opponent until they were out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing to note in RC ProAm is that the car never leaves the center point of the screen. The rest of track revolves around it.

      Delete