Saturday, January 29, 2022

Box Break: 2021 Topps WWE Chrome

While cleaning up various folders on my laptop I ran across a few images I snapped upon opening my 2nd box of 2021 Topps WWE Chrome in the fall of 2021. I was happy with the contents of my first box, but I thought the contents of this box outperformed the previous box...take a look!


In addition to a nice selection of base cards, I pulled some good Refractors, low numbered parallels and a few inserts. My autos weren't that bad either.


I'm still not too sure how I feel about these image variation cards, but they are shiny so that is a plus!I forgot to scan the card individually, but I also pulled a numbered Orange parallel of the Seth Rollins image variation.


The Tommaso Ciampa red Refractor was numbered to just /5 while the Cesaro gold Refractor was numbered to /

Die-cut Chrome Refractor cards are so nice looking...I'm glad Topps did another set like this after 2020's Stone Cold die-cut themed set. Eventually I'll track down the missing cards to complete this insert set.


I like the idea behind the 5 Timers Club inserts and the design isn't bad either. These come in several different parallel colors that are numbered. I myself am chasing the R-Truth rainbow from this set and recently picked up the black parallel numbered 01/10!


I really like these Cruiserweight Greats inserts, but these seem to fall one per box. Sad that only one of the 3 wrestlers depicted on this card is still with the company as of this post.


At the time I was really happy with the Scarlett auto as I thought the WWE had big plans for her. Well that didn't quite work out, but it's still a nice auto. The other auto was the dreaded redemption...for a wrestler not even on the roster...Gran Metalik. With Topps losing the WWE license I redeemed this card as quick as a I could. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes and if I'll even get the card.

The 2021 Topps WWE products have been hit and miss, what with all the delays suffered and the news that Panini would be taking the card right reigns in early 2022. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see what Panini does with the brand. Nonetheless, Chrome was a strong release and one of the better 2021 WWE products in my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll luck out and Topps will replace Metalik with someone you collect. And I'm with The Lost Collector. Those In Your House inserts are cool. Remind me of the House Party movies from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWE should be with a company like Panini...no stats to worry about.

    ReplyDelete