Sunday, December 26, 2010

What Did Santa Bring You?

Santa was pretty good to me this year.  Cardboard wise I ended up with more baseball cards than I ever thought I would.  Sure - I asked for some boxes and told me wife that packs make good stock stuffers, but I really didn't expect much.


On Friday, Christmas Eve we drove up to Stanley, NC to visit my grandmother and my bio-mom as I call her.  In addition to some Blu-ray DVDs and a few Xbox 360 games I ended up w/ a box of 2007 Upper Deck Series 2.  I had asked for a box of 2002 Upper Deck, but the Amazon seller sent the wrong box.  It's OK though as I really like the '07 design and may build the set later on down the road.

Christmas morning brought me my first ever jumbo box of Topps!  I got a hobby box of 2008 Topps Series 1 since I'm working on building the set.  At the time of this post I've only opened one pack as I'm trying to stretch the fun...that and I've got some serious cataloging to do!  My wife got me one of those discounted blasters of 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces.  Wow, why did I never bother with these cards before?  They are beautiful!  Guess there is another set I'll go after.  Check the sidebar shortly for my want list if you have any extra base cards.

Speaking of cataloging I also got several packs of 2010 Topps Series 2 and Update Series along with a few Update blasters.  99% of the cards from these packs were all doubles and my trade list has already been updated with these cards.  If ANYONE out there can use some base 2010 Topps cards please let me know and they are all yours!

I plan to post box breaks later on so stay tuned!  Now you know what Santa brought me.  Leave a comment and let me know what you got cardboard wise.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get any cardboard for Christmas. My family does not see why I collect cards. My wife did promise me that she will get me a pack of my choosing soon, but other than that, any cards I get, I get on my own. Oh well! Anyway, I may be interested in some base cards from the 2010 Topps. I will have to go through my cards and see what I need. Is that cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely use som 2010 Topps base. There's about 60 cards in my want list that are base cards - any help you can give would be much appreciated.

    Send me an e-mail because the address you sent card to last month, don't work no more.

    ReplyDelete