Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I wanted to post something for Good Friday earlier today, but I just wasn't able to for several different reasons.  This Easter weekend means a lot to me and I can't not share just a little bit.  Below is a clip from the movie "The Passion of the Christ".  The clip shows Jesus taking a nasty beating before Pontius Pilate before being taken to Golgotha to be crucified.  I will warn you the video is graphic in parts, but I do encourage you to watch it.  For me it's amazing to see just what Jesus went through.  The pain he suffered.  All for me and you.

The song, "Carry My Cross" is by Third Day.  I've posted the song lyrics below.


As long as I remember
I've been walking through the wilderness
Praying to the Father
And waiting for my time
I've come here with a mission
And soon I'll give my life for this world

I'm praying in the garden
And I'm looking for a miracle
I find the journey hard but
It's the reason I was born
Can this cup be passed on
Lord, I pray your will be done
In this world

So I'll carry my cross
And I'll carry the shame
To the end of the road
Through the struggle and pain
And I'll do it for love
No, it won't be in vain
Yes, I'll carry my cross
And I'll carry the shame

I feel like I'm alone here
And I'm treated like a criminal
The time has come for me now
Even though I've done no wrong
Father, please forgive them
They know not what they've done
In this world

Three more days and I'll be coming back again
Three more days and I'll be coming back again 

1 comment: