Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pack Break - 2008 Topps WWE Heritage III Chrome

Photobucket

Yes, I am excited about Wrestlemania this evening.  I've still gotta find the website that will have the best feed for the event this evening, but I'm excited none the less.  To continue our celebrate here for the big WWE event I've got 3 packs of 2008 Topps Heritage III I picked up out of the $.99 Power Pack boxes @ Target the other day.  I'm sure some of the wrestlers in these packs aren't even in the WWE now, but I'm in the mood for some new wrasslin' cards so let's open 'em up and see what's inside.

Photobucket
#25 JBL

John Bradshaw Layfield.  See I didn't mind him when he was part of the APA with Ron Simmons, but I hated the whole JBL angle.  Rumor has it his appearance on RAW a few weeks ago was a one shot.  I sure hope he doesn't show up tonight @ Wrestlemania.  If he does I could care less what Stone Cold does to him again.

Photobucket
#6 Chris Jericho

I can't remember the time frame that Jericho starting acting like one of the heels of the WWE, but until he turned I always enjoyed watching him in the ring.  I still remember him in his younger days with the flowing blonde lockes.

Photobucket
#45 Curt Hawkins

Who is this guy?  I don't ever recall seeing him in the ring.  Somehow though he keeps showing up in different sets as I believe this is the guy I pulled a gold autograph serially numbered out of 25 in last year's WWE Topps Platinum set.

Photobucket
#80 Bam Bam Bigelow

Never piss off a big guy with flames freakin' tattooed on his bald head!  The wood grain design of this card looks excellent, especially with the chrome treatment!

Photobucket
#69 Victoria

I believe she is now hanging out in TNA with the Knockout champ Madison Rayne.  I don't recall many of her matches, but judging from this photo she looks pretty muscular.  Do you find women w/ muscles bigger than yours attractive?

Not bad for the 1st pack.  Let's see what the 2nd pack holds for us.

Photobucket
#28 Triple H

He's got some mighty big shoes to fill tonight as he goes toe to toe with the Undertaker and his 18-0 Wrestlemania undefeated streak.  That ought to be a great match and well worth the price of admission.

Photobucket
#9 Umaga

The Samoan bulldozer.  The real Samoan wrestlers in my book will always be the tag team the Islanders.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix Ringside Relics

Whoa, a hit from a retail pack...a discounted retail pack!  The odds according to the pack are 1:24 packs.  Too bad the event used mat swatch is so small.  Mickie is now in the TNA chasing the Knockout title while Beth is still in the WWE, but with a different more tougher look.

Photobucket
#29 Shannon Moore

Look, it's the wanna be Hardy Boy!  I believe he's from my home state of North Carolina and is good friends with the Hardy boys in real life.  Another current TNA talent.

Not bad at all!  I really didn't expect to land any inserts let alone a relic card.  This pack makes up for the bust of the 99 cent WCW pack we first opened today.  Now let's see what the 3rd and final pack has inside.
Photobucket
#49 Chavo Guerrero

Most know Chavo as the nephew of the late and great WCW/WWE star Eddie Guerrero.

Photobucket
#62 Cherry

I vaguely remember her.  She was part of the tag team comprised of Deuce and Domino.  Pretty face, but a blur in the grand scheme of things.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hardcore Holly vs. Carlito Ringside Relics

You're kidding me!  2 relics out of 3 discounted retail packs?  I never have this sort of luck!  I loved watching Hardcore Holly wrestling.  I wish they would bring back the Hardcore title as those were some of the best matches.  I miss seeing guys getting kicked around the bathroom and maintenance rooms of the arenas!  Carlito was released a while ago by the WWE and I have no idea what he is up to these days.

Photobucket
#86 Earthquake

This big fat guy would jump around the ring as his opponent laid flat on their back.  He was so big he would shake the ring mimicking an earthquake.  I also remember this dude using the lame character angle as the Shark during his WCW days.  He apparently died in 2006 due to bladder cancer.

Not a bad pack either.  Anything you get a box hit out of a pack that cost less than a dollar you can't go wrong!  That wraps up my countdown celebration to tonight's WWE Wrestlemania event.  If these posts have triggered any fond memories of watching wrasslin' in your younger days you may want to tune in tonight.  There are several places online that stream the pay-per-view event for free if you are cheap like me.  If you are really interested shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell you where I plan to watch.

2 comments:

  1. I think Hawkins has been relegated to Superstars for a while. The last time he mattered was when he was a member of the "Edgeheads" tag team with Zach Ryder before Ryder had his current gimmick. You seem to be pulling Hawkins cards at the same rate I pull Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta.

    Enjoy 'Mania tonight. I'll be getting together with some friends at a Buffalo Wild Wings for it. Should be a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remember when the earthquake had a tag team partner and they were called the twin towers? There was one match with them and Macho man and Hogan I think. Where hogans sternum was cracked and he had to go to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete