Monday, October 3, 2011

Holy Grail

In my other hobby (toy collecting) the term holy grail is often thrown around.  It is usually used in context when describing an item that someone has been in search for or is the pinnacle or gem of their toy collection.  I can't say that I've seen card collectors use that term since I've started collecting again and even blogging.

That said I'm dropping the word.  This is my new holy grail.  The more and more I learn about Tim Hudson and his family the more and more I like him.  That said I've shifted some of my collecting of other Braves players over to "Huddy".  I'm not a super collector, but I love acquiring new cards of his.  Prior to this new card I think I only have 2 autographs of his - and this easily trumps those.  So if you haven't already glossed over the text and scrolled down to see this card I'm talking about here it is:

Photobucket  Photobucket

2011 Topps Marquee Museum Collection Autograph #04/10

Let me say that the scan of this card does NOT do it justice.  This thing is down right beautiful.  The card is metal which in itself is cool enough.  It's covered in gold and combined with the holofoil like front the gold blends in well.  I feel like I just pulled a Golden Ticket from a Wonka Bar!  I love the on card autograph and the silver pen was a great idea.  Numbered to 10 also doesn't hurt things!  So have any of you reading this had the chance to see one of these cards in person?  Does anyone else have one of these cards in your collection?

3 comments: