Thursday, October 27, 2011

NFL kickers finally get some cardboard loving!

So I was checking my e-mail this afternoon and I saw that Panini was finally giving some NFL kickers there well deserved place on cardboard!  Not only are a few select kickers getting football cards - the cards will have the netting from behind the goal posts embedded in the cards! 


I was looking a little closer at the memo and I saw a Carolina Panther?!  John Kasey has to be one of the best NFL kickers in recent history and he only got a few cards in his long tenure with the Panthers.  The Panthers cut him during the off season (ticking off a lot of long time fans might I add) and replaced him w/ Olindo Mare.  Nothing against Mare - heck I knew nothing of the guy prior to this season.  I however am happy to see my hometown team represented in this awesome Net Fusion set.  This will be one card I'll be on the lookout for.

5 comments:

  1. The player selection is odd, I agree. Morten should be represented.

    Manu nets? Ah, I don't care...still cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Eric can start his new blog "ManuNets and Chia-Pets."

    I love me some kickers and will go out looking for some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://royalsandrandoms.blogspot.com/2012/02/stephen-gostkowski-net-fusion.html

    I finally picked up one of these. It's cool. I'll keep my eyes open to see if they come down in price a little more.

    ReplyDelete