Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Group Break boxes order + a question for everyone

I placed the order w/ Steve from the Baseball Card Exchange earlier today.  Now all I gotta do is remind Community Gum to ship their boxes and we should be all set by the weekend or early next week.

A quick question for everyone participating.  I normally type up each and every card and scan in the hits and a few other cards.  Because of the sheer amount of packs I'll have to go through I was thinking of NOT listing each card and just scanning the highlights from the box as a whole.

How does that sound to everyone?  I thought about doing each box on video, but do people really sit there and watch some dude open 24-36 packs?

Please leave your comments.  I want to hear what you think.

1) Do you want me to do a card by card listing of each pack

2) Just scan the highlights & inserts from the box

Thanks again everyone.  There is still time to grab another team if you want. 

9 comments:

  1. I vote that you just scan the highlights/inserts/any other interesting cards. I would much rather see some images and read a summary/review than sit through a box break or scroll through painstakingly typed up listings of each card, especially in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably wouldn't watch a 10-box break on video. Scanning the highlights (inserts and funny photos) for each box. Probably after each box keep a running total of # of cards for each team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cool with the highlights. I am super pumped about this break. Should be some great photography. Also, I would be in favor of keeping a total count of cards by team. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cool with however you want to post the break. I would prefer video over typing each card out since it's easier for you and I do actually do watch videos to see how people do but highlights with some scans is cool by me also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The running total is a good idea. I haven't done that in awhile, but in this case it makes sense. Thanks for the feedback guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say just scans of the best stuff and maybe make sure everyone in the break has at least their best card scanned? I haven't tried that with my breaks but maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like we've stumbled across a concnsus... Highlights and team counts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. agreed, highlights and hits and a running total by team sounds good. Video for any that have to be randomized, in case we get a hit with multi-teams on it.

    -arfmax

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for the highlights and any Tim Salmon cards!

    ReplyDelete